Deuteronomy 16 and 1 Corinthians 5
1. “Christ, our Passover, has been sacrificed.”
The death of Christ as fulfillment of the Passover sacrifice.
– Exodus 12: Passover in Egypt
– Exodus 13: Instructions for future Passover celebrations
– Deuteronomy 16: Passover in Jerusalem
Note: All that the Passover typology teaches us about the death of Christ is true, but that is not all there is to say about his death.
2. Feast of Unleavened bread
“No leavened bread will be seen among you nor leaven seen among you”
– Removal of leaven and leavened products from your households – Biblical injunctions and application in Paul’s day.
– Relationship with the Passover and the Exodus.
3. “Let us Keep the Feast”
– A little leaven leavens the whole lump
– You really are unleavened
– Cleanse out the old leaven
– Let us Keep the Feast