NOTE: To participate in the live chat, click the video title to watch on YouTube. You will need a Google or YouTube login to chat. AND, for previous webinars, visit our YouTube Channel.
Proverbs in 144 Voices
A BRIEF EXPLANATION
Welcome! We hope you are here to join us on our new group project – reading the Bible together.
It really couldn’t be simpler -the whole Bible, from September to May. It may sound intimidating but it really isn’t – give me a second to explain why. Six chapters a day of reading (no reading on Sundays and a few catch up days here and there), and you will have read the whole Bible in 9 months. The reading should average between 10-20 minutes a day.
This is a guilt free challenge – we want you to join us in reading our Bibles and establishing good Bible reading habits that will bless you for years to come. If your Bible reading history is hiding somewhere in a cupboard of guilt in your life – this program is for you! If you are a well established Bible reader but would enjoy accountability, and fellowship around your Bible reading, this program is for you!
The program is very easy to follow – we have come up with many ways to help keep you on track and you can chose any or all of the following:
– Register your email on this page to get a weekly reminder of the plan
– Print out the reading plan and bookmarks to keep in your Bible and mark off what you have read
– Join in on our live webinars (led by Becky Pliego) for encouragement and accountability
– Download the app “Bible Reading Plan” which can pair with a Bible app (such as You Version) so you can read on your phone or listen to an audio version (directions below).
We have done our best to make this program one that will be a great blessing to you, and we so hope that you will join us!
THE BIBLE CHALLENGE READING PLAN
INTERACTIVE READING PLAN INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must open the file with the Adobe Acrobat app. The checkboxes will not work in Drive PDF viewer.
HOW TO SAVE PDF TO HOME SCREEN
1. Open PDF in Adobe Acrobat. This will save it to your downloads.
2. If you don’t already have the ES File Explorer File Manager installed, install it by clicking here.
3. Open ES File Explorer.
4. Scroll to Bible Challenge Checklist.pdf.
5. Press and hold on Bible Challenge Checklist.pdf till the menu pops up.
6. Click on the More button (three dots).
7. Select “Add to desktop.”
We cannot provide more support on this, but if you have troubles, click here.
SUBSCRIBE FOR BIBLE CHALLENGE UPDATES
JOIN A FACEBOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
Like the Christ Church Facebook page, and then join the Facebook Discussion Group
OTHER BIBLE CHALLENGE RESOURCES
1. Download the Bible Reading Plan app (by James H. Price) in the app store.
2. Open the app > open settings (upper right menu) > Select Reading Plan > View Available Plans > Download Christ Church Ladies Fellowship (top of the list) > Select Done > From the Reading Plan Page, Select CC Ladies Fellowship > Once Selected, tap settings button to return to main settings menu
3. From the Settings Menu, Select the plan Start Date and change to September 13, 2017
4. From the Settings Menu, Select Bible Link > YouVersion (if not already installed, download from the App Store)
Olive Tree App
- Download the Olive Tree Bible App on your favorite platform:
- Open the app and navigate to the Reading Plans section:
For iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire, tap on either the Calendar icon in the top toolbar, or tap the Menu icon (top left) and select Reading Plans, depending on your version of the app.
For Windows and Mac, click Tools & Notes (top right) to open the split window, then select My Stuff and click Reading Plans in the list that appears.
- Tap or Click on the Search icon, and search for “Bible Challenge”. On Mac or Windows, click the Install button.
- Tap or Click the Start button
NOTE: Reading Plans in the Olive Tree apps will work with any Bible translation, and will open your last-read translation by default. Platform specific instructions and helps for getting started with Reading Plans in an Olive Tree app can be found here.