- This event has passed.
Downtown Sunday Morning Service (9:30am)
April 23, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Announcements & Meditation
– Call to Worship –
Minister: The Lord is Risen!
Congregation: He is Risen, indeed!
Minister: Lift up your hearts!
Congregation: We lift them up to the Lord!
– Confession –
Confession of sin
Congregation is invited to kneel if able
+ Assurance of Pardon
Minister: Your sins are forgiven through Christ.
Congregation: Thanks be to God!
Minister: Christian, what do you believe?
Congregation: I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin, Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hades. On the third day He rose again from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
Minister: Can those who do not turn to God from their ungrateful, impenitent life be saved?
Congregation: Certainly not! Scripture says, “Surely you know that the unjust will never come into possession of the kingdom of God. Make no mistake: no fornicator or idolater, none who are guilty either of adultery or of homosexual perversion, no thieves or robbers or drunkards or slanderers or swindlers, will possess the kingdom of God.”
– Consecration –
+ Scripture Reading
Genesis 6:9-18; Luke 3:15-22
Reader: The Word of the Lord.
Congregation: Thanks be to God!
God of Vengeance, O Jehovah…………………..124-25
Opening: Psalm 104:1-5
Thanksgiving: Psalm 103:1-5
Petitions: Psalm 94:12-15
CC: Let Us Keep the Feast (Tim Edwards)Sermon
Deuteronomy 16 and 1 Corinthians 5
1. “Christ, our Passover, has been sacrificed.”
The death of Christ as fulfillment of the Passover sacrifice.
– Exodus 12: Passover in Egypt
– Exodus 13: Instructions for future Passover celebrations
– Deuteronomy 16: Passover in Jerusalem
Note: All that the Passover typology teaches us about the death of Christ is true, but that is not all there is to say about his death.
2. Feast of Unleavened bread
“No leavened bread will be seen among you nor leaven seen among you”
– Removal of leaven and leavened products from your households – Biblical injunctions and application in Paul’s day.
– Relationship with the Passover and the Exodus.
3. “Let us Keep the Feast”
– A little leaven leavens the whole lump
– You really are unleavened
– Cleanse out the old leaven
– Let us Keep the Feast
CCD: Psalm 42-43 (Francis Foucachon)Sermon
1. Depression can be a bigger giant than Goliath.
2. The difference between two kinds of “why?,” and the ongoing battle
between our old nature and our new nature in Christ.
3. In God only we trust! The ultimate cause of all spiritual depression is
4. The ultimate remedy of depression is worship.
+ Psalm 46………………………….bulletin pg. 6-7
– Communion –
How Lovely, Lord of Hosts, to Me………………..120
Ye Choirs of New Jerusalem…….bulletin pg. 8-9
– Commissioning –
+ CLOSING DOXOLOGY
The congregation may raise hands
Doxology (to the tune of That Easter Day with Joy was Bright pg. 271)
Charge & Benediction
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14