Please note that we are only able to offer assistance to our local community.
Christ Church Benevolence
Benevolence is a ministry of Christ Church. Very simply, we intend to show gracious help to those in need (Luke 10:30-37). Below are a few things that you should know before we begin the process of evaluating your situation.
How To Get Started
- Fill out the form below.
- The form will take about 5-10 minutes to fill out.
- This will give us a snapshot of who you are, what your need is, and various other life details. It will also help us make efficient use of your time when we meet.
- Your information will be kept confidential.
Scheduling a Meeting
- Once we receive and review your form we will be in touch, usually within 1-2 business days.
- Please be on time to your appointment and allow for a 20-45 minute meeting.
- Please bring any paperwork relevant to your request. (For example: bills, notices, employment offers, etc.)
It is important that you understand our mission in meeting with you. We differ from many other community assistance services in that we believe financial needs are a symptom of our much greater spiritual needs. Any advice and assistance we provide is intended to benefit you spiritually as well as physically.
You will meet with a team of at least two of our church leaders/volunteers. We want to hear about your immediate needs. However, we will discuss the background of your current need and your own decisions that influenced that need. We will pray for you, give honest advice and direction, and hopefully be helpful. Helpful doesn’t always equate to financial assistance, but we genuinely do want to assist practically, if possible.
The Bible expressly commissions us to place the emphasis of our charity upon widows and orphans (James 1:27). So, unless there are particularly extraordinary circumstances we do not often help the able-bodied men with financial assistance. Instead, we encourage them to take responsibility for their circumstances as well as offer to help such men by providing ongoing mentorship, financial planning, and job search assistance.